Continuing Education Credits
Learners may earn continuing education credits for select courses in the Human Subjects Research (HSR), Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR), Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) courses, and Information Privacy and Security (IPS) series. Credit and unit types include:
- Physicians (AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™)
- Psychologists (APA Ethic Credit)
- Nurses (CNE Contact Hours)
- Social Workers (Credits toward recertification of LCSW, LMHC, LMFT)
- Other Professions (Certificates of Participation)
Learners who wish to earn and purchase credits must complete the required number of CME certified modules for their courses and pass quizzes with at least a 70 percent score and within the course’s credit designation period.
Administrator Guidance for Enabling CME Credits Eligibility
Learners value the possibility to earn and purchase CME credits through the CITI Program. Administrators may enable this process by ensuring that CME certified modules required for CME eligibility are listed on institutional grade books.
CME eligible modules are typically listed as Required, Elective or Supplemental (Optional) in a learner's course. Supplemental modules do not affect the organization's course requirements and still afford the learner an opportunity to earn CME credits. Adding modules to a course covered under an existing subscription can be done at no additional cost.
How to Proceed
- Review instructions on how to qualify CME credits.
- Review more information on CITI Program’s CME accredited courses, types of credits offered and costs, and FAQs.
- Administrators may contact the Help Desk to discuss enabling CME eligibility.