Are you trying to find a way to educate your team on clinical trial billing compliance? Is it overwhelming to consider training research staff, department administrators, registration staff, and billing and coding staff, in a way that will work with their busy schedules? Help these individuals understand key CTBC processes, including:
- Complying with the Clinical Trial Policy, National Coverage Determination (NCD 310.1)
- “Qualifying” a clinical trial for investigational drugs and devices
- Implementing an effective CTBC program that addresses operational challenges, troubleshooting steps, and best practices
- Synchronizing study and regulatory documents
- Using a coverage analysis to validate billing for items and services related to a clinical trial
- Applying specific diagnosis codes, modifiers, condition codes, and national clinical trial numbers to streamline claims submissions
The questions are endless and the training may seem daunting. However, CITI Program’s new CTBC Course provides an easily accessible, affordable way to provide this necessary billing compliance training. It consists of six comprehensive modules that allow learners to complete the training online, at their own pace. Learn more about the course in the CTBC Catalog and sign up today to begin the journey towards clinical trial billing compliance.
About the Author
Kelly Willenberg, MBA, BSN, CCRP, CHRC, CHC, is the owner of Kelly Willenberg & Associates. She is an expert in clinical trial billing and reimbursement. Her extensive knowledge in clinical trials management and research compliance includes all aspects of research billing compliance. She has 30 years of clinical research experience with over 25 years' experience with billing compliance.