Review CITI Program's latest additions and retirements to the ever-evolving course catalog.
New Fundamentals of Biostatistics Course
The new Fundamentals of Biostatistics course offers an efficient and cost-effective way to learn about or take a refresher on research biostatistics. This course teaches the fundamentals of research biostatistics and practice. It mirrors the structure of a full-semester university biostatistics course, but can be completed at the learner's own pace.
- Efficient: Modeled on a traditional 13-week university course with two classes a week, but can be completed at the learner’s own pace.
- Cost-effective: Priced at $200 through 1 December 2017 (regular price $300), the course is a fraction of other biostatistics courses.
- High quality: It was authored by an expert biostatistics educator, peer-reviewed, and graduate student-tested.
New Social and Behavioral Research Course for Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
The new GCP – Social and Behavioral Research Best Practices for Clinical Research course is suitable for social and behavioral investigators and staff who must be trained in GCP.
It covers key topics in clinical research:
- Research Protocol
- Recruitment and Retention
- Informed Consent Communication
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Participant Safety and Adverse Event Reporting
- Quality Control and Assurance
- Research Misconduct
New Modules for Disaster and Conflict Research - Human Subjects Research (HSR)
Two new modules focusing on the unique features of disasters, emergencies, and conflict situations and how they affect research initiatives, have been added to our HSR training. They are available as part of our Biomedical (Biomed) Basic and Social-Behavioral-Educational (SBE) Basic courses.
New Disaster and Conflict modules:
- Disaster and Conflict Reasearch, Part 1: PI Responsibilities
- Disaster and Conflict Reasearch, Part 2: Best Practices and Recommendations
New Conflicts of Interest in Human Subjects Research Modules (HSR)
A new "Conflicts of Interest in Human Subjects Research" (ID: 17464) module is now available. This new module replaces the "Conflicts of Interest in Research Involving Human Subjects" (ID: 488) module.
On 1 October 2017, all learner groups that utilize the module (ID:488) will be updated to include the new module (ID: 17464). Organizations may switch to the new module now as it serves as an updated version, providing an overview of COIs in human subjects research.
The retirement of module ID: 488 may impact CMEs/CEUs. For details, see Replacement and Retirement of "Conflicts of Interest in Research Involving Human Subjects" (ID: 488) and CME/CEU eligibility.
New Conflicts of Interest in Human Subjects Research Refresher Modules (HSR)
Three new refresher modules that discuss potential COIs and reporting requirements in human subjects research, as well as challenges and strategies to manage both individual and institutional COIs have been added to our Biomedical refresher courses.
- Biomed Refresher 1 - Conflicts of Interest in Human Subjects Research (ID: 17544)
- Biomed Refresher 2 - Conflicts of Interest in Human Subjects Research (ID: 17545)*
- Biomed Refresher 3 - Conflicts of Interest in Human Subjects Research (ID: 17546)
*Note: Biomed Refresher 2 - Conflicts of Interest in Research Involving Human Subjects (ID: 681) is being replaced with Biomed Refresher 2 - Conflicts of Interest in Human Subjects Research (ID: 17545) on 1 October 2017. No action is needed if your learner group already contains module ID: 681. To learn more about this module replacement, see Biomed Refresher 2 -